What are the Benefits of Going to Traffic School in Barstow?
Attending traffic school may be the ideal solution for you if you received a traffic ticket in Barstow. Why may traffic school be beneficial for you? Let our experienced Barstow traffic ticket defense lawyers explain.
The benefits of taking traffic school
There are numerous reasons why you should consider going to traffic school if you received a traffic ticket in Barstow. Attending traffic school could help you avoid having points added to your driving record, save you money in terms of your auto insurance costs and possibly get your ticket dismissed.
The benefits of going to traffic school include:
- Keeping points off your driving record – If you are convicted of a moving violation, you could receive 1 or 2 points on your driving record. The DMV could suspend your driver’s license for up to six months if you accumulate:
- 4 points in a 12-month period
- 6 points in a 24-month period
- 8 points in a 36-month period
However, our experienced Barstow traffic ticket attorneys at Wallin & Klarich may be able to convince the judge at Barstow Traffic Court to dismiss your case as long as you complete traffic school. This would mean that your ticket would not result in you receiving points on your driving record.
- Getting your Barstow traffic ticket dismissed – As mentioned above, our skilled Barstow traffic ticket defense lawyers may be able to convince the judge or the citing law enforcement officer to agree to a deal where your traffic citation is dismissed if you complete traffic school. If the officer who cited you for speeding does not show for the traffic trial, your case may be dismissed entirely.
- Avoiding an increase in insurance premiums – Having points added to your driving record could result in your auto insurance company raising your premiums. By completing traffic school, you may be able to avoid having points on your driving record and thus not have to suffer an increase in your insurance rates.
Attending traffic school seems like a smart choice, but not every person who receives a traffic ticket in Barstow is eligible for traffic school.
Am I eligible for traffic school for a Barstow traffic ticket?
In order to be able to attend traffic school, you will need to meet all of the following requirements:
- Your have a valid driver’s license
- You were not driving a commercial vehicle when you committed the traffic violation
- Your traffic offense was not a misdemeanor
- Your traffic offense was not alcohol-related
You have not completed traffic school for another ticket within the last 18 months
How can I ask for traffic school in Barstow?
After you receive a traffic ticket in Barstow, you will likely be mailed a courtesy notice with a court date that will arrive within two to three weeks of the date your traffic violation occurred. When you receive the notice, you can request traffic school and pay the administrative fee by mail. The court will reply to let you know whether your request is granted.
This process seems extremely easy, but there may be a better way to request traffic school to have the best chance at your request being granted. You should contact an experienced Barstow traffic ticket defense lawyer who can confirm your eligibility for traffic school and argue to the court that you should be allowed to attend traffic school in order to resolve your case.
Contact the Barstow Traffic Ticket Defense Lawyers at Wallin & Klarich Today
If you received a traffic ticket in Barstow, do not hesitate to contact our skilled and knowledgeable traffic ticket defense lawyers at Wallin & Klarich. Our law firm will fight for you so that you can avoid the expensive consequences of a traffic ticket.
Our Barstow office is located just a block away from the Barstow Traffic Court at:
Wallin & Klarich, A Law Corporation
400 S. 2nd Ave Suite #206
Barstow, CA 92311
Contact our skilled Barstow traffic ticket defense lawyers today at (877) 466-5245 for a free phone consultation regarding your case. We will be there when you call.