California Vehicle Code 22406 VC imposes a maximum speed limit of 55 miles per hour for truck drivers traveling on the freeway. The fine for a violation of Vehicle Code 22406 VC can range from $285.00 to more than $500.00 and commercial drivers are not eligible for traffic school.
A truck driver caught speeding over 55 miles per hour will receive either 1 or 1.5 points on his DMV record. You risk getting a negligent operator license suspension if you get 4 points in 12 months, 6 points in 24 months or 8 points in 36 months. With increased points at stake, as a commercial driver, you are at greater risk of rising insurance rates. If your employer’s insurance decides they cannot cover you as a driver, then you may lose your job.
Other traffic violations that can add points on your driving record include:
- Following too Closely – Vehicle Code 21703
- Improper lane change – Vehicle Code 22107
- Driving in the wrong lane – Vehicle Code 22348
- Bypassing the scales – Vehicle Code 2813
- Texting or using a handheld cell phone while driving a commercial vehicle – Vehicle Code 23123
As a commercial truck driver, your livelihood depends on your ability to continue driving. It would be in your best interest to hire an attorney from Wallin & Klarich who is experienced in defending commercial traffic violations in the Barstow Superior Court and who will fight for your commercial driver’s license and keep those points off your record.
Why You Should Hire Wallin & Klarich to Fight Your Traffic Ticket
You may think that a traffic violation in Barstow is no big deal, but traffic offenses carry harsh penalties, including:
- Expensive fines (the actual amount you pay for the fine will be much larger than the base fine due to fees and penalty assessments)
- Points added to your driving record (your license could be suspended if you accumulate too many points in a given time)
- Increased insurance premiums
Contact the Barstow Traffic Ticket Defense Lawyers at Wallin & Klarich Today
If you received a traffic ticket in Barstow, do not hesitate to contact our skilled and knowledgeable traffic ticket defense lawyers at Wallin & Klarich. Our law firm will fight for you so that you can avoid the expensive consequences of a traffic ticket.
Our Barstow office is located just a block away from the Barstow Traffic Court at:
Wallin & Klarich, A Law Corporation
400 S. 2nd Ave Suite #206
Barstow, CA 92311
Contact our skilled Barstow traffic ticket defense lawyers today at (760) 528-5184 for a free phone consultation regarding your case. We will be there when you call.