Barstow Reckless Driving Charges: Defenses and Legal Options
Have you recently been charged with reckless driving in Barstow? This type of charge may seem daunting and overwhelming, but it’s important to understand the details and potential consequences before moving forward.
Choosing Wallin & Klarich to represent your case puts you in a better position to receive the best outcome for your case. We have over 40 years of experience in Southern California. Call us today at (877) 4-NO-JAIL for your free consultation!
Understanding Reckless Driving Charges
Reckless driving is defined as operating a vehicle with “willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.” In simpler terms, it means driving in a way that puts others at risk. This can include excessive speeding, swerving, or ignoring traffic signals.
In California, reckless driving is considered a misdemeanor offense and can result in fines up to $1,000 and/or up to 90 days in jail for first-time offenders. However, if the reckless driving resulted in serious bodily injury or death, it can be charged as a felony offense with much harsher penalties.
Aside from fines and potential jail time, there are other consequences of a reckless driving charge in California. These may include:
- Points on your driver’s license: Reckless driving carries two points on your license, which can lead to increased insurance rates and potential license suspension.
- License suspension: If you accumulate too many points on your license in a certain period of time, you may face a temporary license suspension.
- Criminal record: A reckless driving charge will appear on your criminal record, which can have negative impacts on future job opportunities or professional licenses.
If you are facing a reckless driving charge, you need a skilled defense attorney on your side. Your attorney will be able to walk you through every step of the process as well as find potential defense(s) to raise. This will help you receive the best possible outcome for your case. Our attorneys at Wallin & Klarich have the experience you need. We offer exceptional service, experience, and affordable payment options to help you manage the cost of hiring a defense attorney. Call our office today for a free consultation!
Fortunately, there are potential defenses that can be used in a reckless driving case in California. These may include:
- Proving the driving was not “willful or wanton”: If you can show that your actions were not intentionally dangerous, it may help to lessen the severity of the charge.
- Challenging the officer’s observations: Police officers must have probable cause to pull you over and make an arrest. If there are discrepancies in their observations or reasoning, it may be possible to challenge the validity of the charge.
- Lack of evidence: In order to prove a reckless driving charge, prosecutors must have sufficient evidence. If there is lack of evidence or holes in their case, it could lead to a dismissal.
Dealing with a reckless driving charge can be a complex and stressful process. It’s important to seek the help of an experienced attorney who can guide you through the legal system and advocate for your rights. With their knowledge of California laws and potential defenses, they may be able to lessen the consequences or even have the charge dismissed altogether.
Don’t let a reckless driving charge ruin your future. Educate yourself on the potential consequences and seek help from a qualified legal professional to protect your rights. So, if you or someone you know is facing this type of charge in California, don’t hesitate to reach out for assistance. Remember, it’s always better to be proactive and informed rather than reactive and unprepared. Stay safe and drive responsibly! Call our office today for a free consultation!
Contact Wallin & Klarich Today
If you or a loved one are facing a reckless driving charge, you need an aggressive defense attorney to fight for your freedom. With 40+ years of experience, our attorneys at Wallin & Klarich have helped thousands of clients win their cases or get their charges reduced to a lesser degree. We know the most effective defenses to argue on your behalf, and we will do everything in our power to help you achieve the best possible result in your case.
You may not be aware of all your options. Calling our office costs you nothing, but picking up the phone could be the difference between years in prison and years of freedom. Let our skilled attorneys examine your case to find the best way to avoid prison.
Discover how our team can assist you. Contact us today, toll-free at (877) 4-NO-JAIL or (877) 466-5245 for a free consultation with a skilled defense attorney.