Barstow Commercial Driver Traffic Ticket Lawyer
Receiving a traffic citation as a commercial driver can be a frustrating experience as the penalties are generally harsher and there is a direct and immediate impact on your ability to earn a living. Due to such serious consequences, a commercial driver who received a traffic citation should always contact an experienced Barstow traffic ticket lawyer who is experienced in dealing with these citations and can advise you on how such a citation could impact your commercial license.
Consequences of a Traffic Violation while “On-Duty”
Because the DMV holds commercial drivers to a much higher standard, the consequences of a traffic ticket in Barstow are more serious for commercial drivers.
If you are convicted of any of the following traffic infractions in Barstow, your commercial driver’s license (CDL) could be suspended for up to one year:
Driving under the influence of drugs alcohol (DUI)
- Driving a commercial motor vehicle (CMV) with a blood-alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.04% or higher.
- Refusing to take a BAC test
- Leaving the scene of a collision involving your commercial vehicle
- Committing a felony with your commercial vehicle
- Driving a commercial vehicle while your commercial license is revoked or suspended
- Negligent operation of a commercial vehicle resulting in a fatality
Your commercial driver’s license could also be suspended by the Barstow Court for:
- 3 years or longer if your driving violation occurred while you were operating a commercial vehicle carrying hazardous materials.
- Life for subsequent offenses of any traffic offense mentioned above
- Life if you used a commercial vehicle to commit a felony involving any controlled substances
Consequences of a Traffic Violation while “Off-Duty”
As previously stated, the DMV holds commercial drivers to such a high standard that even traffic violations that occur while the commercial driver is off duty (i.e. driving a personal vehicle) can result in a suspension to your commercial license. Furthermore, many employers also have policies that can result in immediate termination.
Off-duty traffic violations that can impact your commercial driver’s license include:
- Reckless Driving
- Tailgating or following another vehicle too closely, and
- DUI or other violations involving alcohol or drugs
When your commercial driver’s license is on the line, you should contact an experienced Barstow commercial driver traffic ticket lawyers at Wallin & Klarich. Our skilled and knowledgeable traffic attorneys have more than 35 years of experience handling commercial traffic matters in the Barstow Courthouse. Don’t let your Barstow traffic ticket ruin your career. Call an experienced Barstow traffic ticket lawyer at Wallin & Klarich now.
Contact a Barstow Commercial Driver Traffic Ticket Lawyer Today
Commercial drivers face severe consequences for traffic violations. That is why you should contact an experienced Barstow commercial driver traffic ticket lawyer immediately if you or someone you know received a citation in the Barstow area. Our experienced Barstow traffic ticket lawyers can fight to have your violation dismissed or reduced to prevent or soften any impact the violation may have on your license. We have helped thousands of clients in their time of legal need, and we can help you now.
Our office is located in Barstow, just a few blocks away from the Barstow Courthouse, at the following address:
Wallin & Klarich, A Law Corporation
400 S. 2nd Ave. Suite #206
Barstow, CA 92311
Call our Barstow commercial driver traffic ticket lawyers today at (877) 466-5425 for a free phone consultation regarding your commercial traffic ticket.